Tuesday 10 September 2013

The night before

So here we are. This is what the bed currently looks like. Tomorrow it will be thrown into the hold of a giant tin can to fly us half way around the world - the clothes not the bed.
My overall feelings at the moment? One of tiredness. This trip has been talked about for well over a year. With plans, applications, jobs, tickets. And if I am brutally honest I just want to get on with it. Enough of the preamble, let the main event begin! To give you all some information we already have two bags packed. Both weighing in at a fraction under our allowance of 23kg. The rest has to go into another two bags, will it make it? We are about to find out.

Then tomorrow there is some jiggery pokery with a car, a motorbike and a garage, followed by a trip to my parents for a final lunch. I suspect it will be salad, with bread and cheese. Cheese is one of the things we are going to be without so I am going to make damn sure I get my fill.

Then onto Heathrow. We fly out at 21.00 as the say in the military and will be arriving in Blantyre, Malawi at 12 ish the next day.

My next blog will be from the foreign climate of Africa where the whole adventure really begins. So it may be a while before I can post due to internet interference from Elephants and Lions. So until then...

2 comments: