Tuesday 8 July 2014

Goooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllll

Posts.
Goal hangers!


I know I know not quite square but they are straight!

Yep. We have installed the goal posts on the football field. The kids went wild, no joke at least two of them were kissing the posts as we were about to install it. I also had to call on the services of the extended schools workers in the children centre as there was quite a crowd around the generator for the welding machine. They have no sense of danger kids out here.

So now there is football constantly being played outside the centre. I have decided that I wanted a go as well and so I have organised a football tournament between the divisions of Beehive. Gonna be good. Four teams will battle it out for the honour of being Beehive Champion! If Construction loses I'm firing them all! (this is only a joke, I'll only fire the football team!)

Very quiet week this week I am afraid. Used up all our excitement and news on last week. Well we had two volunteers leave, Natalie on Thursday and Adina on Friday. It means the Pam and Me are officially the longest serving people at Mitsidi, at least for the next three weeks anyway.

Saturday was spent shopping in Dapp, which I have to say is actually an awesome shop. It is where all our donated clothes go to and get sold on for charity shop prices.

I managed to pick up two cycling tops, a replacement for my thermal rugby top (which has seen the top of kilimanjaro, two tough guys and 10 rugby seasons!) and a lovely pink T-shirt.


Tour de Force!



 

Funny story. We live in a death trap of a house. For some reason, and I don’t know why, our house is electrified. No kidding if you touch the shower taps you get a shock like pins and needles. Same with the kitchen taps, and if you fill the sink to do the washing up it’s like putting a couple of 9v batteries in there. I am currently working my way through the circuits to see which one is attached to the water source. It’s fine though as long as you wear flip flops!

This weekend was pretty much a film fest as well. We went to Pam’s consultants house on Friday, who by the way have the biggest friendliest nicest dog since Oscar in Walton. Her husband has two terabytes of films. We merely downloaded 85 and then watched them over the weekend.  It was nice to not do anything. We also borrowed a projector and blazed it all over the wall – awesome!

Also found these little beauties in the pharmacy. Tee Hee.
Dodgy Malawian food?

Incase you site down too hard?

Padded pants?



 
No caption needed!?

STATMAN

Films Watched – Hobbit Part 2, Despicable me 2, Green Lantern, 21 Jump Street, Tangled, Beautiful Creatures, Percy Jackson Sea Monsters, Anchorman 2.

Minutes Debbie and I spent giggling in the pharmacy – about 10!

Electrified stuff – 4 – Shower taps, Sink Taps, Projector, Radio.

Sally the Dogs’ weight – 46 kilogrammes

Breed – Bobo or Bauble, or some such thing. Google will know.

Price of Dapp clothes – 6 pounds


No comments:

Post a Comment