Tuesday 11 February 2014

Bad Day

Bad day.

I am writing this on the hoof as it were so there are likely to be a lot of grammar errors, spelling mistakes and threads that might not make sense. For that I apologise but I haven’t prepared one earlier.
Today has been a bad day. The politics of my department are raising their heads and making life difficult. Like all managers I am trying to manager people as well as processes, tied with a language and cultural barrier it has proved too much today and as a result the construction is suffering. Tied together with the rain and our progress is slow at best, static at worst. Throw in that the Director of the charity and the founder our turning up next week it does not bode well. My only saving grace is that hopefully they aren’t reading this blog!

This week saw a return to winning ways in the rugby for England. We upset the locals by turning off the football again, although to be fair the Liverpool Arsenal game was a foregone conclusion by the end.  After watching the two games a few of us decided to carry out in our local where at midnight we were watching the winter Olympics and seeing what random combinations of drinks would work.
It was also a case of arrivals and departures. The departure was of our friend, colleague and mechanic all rolled into one, Derek. He has left his native Malawi to live in good ol’ blighty which I am sure his wife is delighted about. If Facebook is anything to go by.
And with losing one Malawian we gained a Pole and an Irishman. What are the poles doing in Malawi I hear you asking, holding up the cables, the same as everywhere else! Sorry.
They are the new volunteers working out here and have livened the place up, especially as there is another country in the 6Nations represented.

Oh and here is a caterpillar I found.


Well I think that sums up this week relatively succinctly. Apologies for the rambling and moaning, but at least if not entertaining it’s real.

STATMAN
Average score in the Ski Jump – 108.32 ( couldn’t work out how they got to that figure)
Cost of three vodka and gingers. – two pounds
Plates of nachos I ate at the rugby – 2
Number of people I nearly killed today – 4

Episodes of Downton I have watched – 14 (nearly at the end of season 2 – much better than I expected).

No comments:

Post a Comment