Tuesday 18 February 2014

Please add post title here.......

I feel brave enough now to put up the before and after photos of Jack.




Jack was very sick when we collected her from our friend, who’s Guard owned the dog but did not look after it. This is how she looked in the footwell of the car as we drove her to the vets. We also had to give her rehydration fluid for a day, every 10 minutes, and twice we thought she had died. But she survived and now lives with our other friend and this is how she looked this weekend! The Malawians thought it was a little bit strange caring for a dog but hey ho we did and it didn’t die. So I am happy for that.



Moving on to other things, it has rained not stop for four days. And it was proper English rain, even my Malawian neighbour said it was like being back in Preston. When I say English rain I mean the old fashion type of rain. The one that is constant and drizzle. Not this new fangdangoled rain that floods half of South East UK.
Rugby was fun in the rain. Then I had a huge T-Bone steak. I will have to take a picture of it next time so you can appreciate the size of it.
Saturday was an extravagant day. Morning coffee and fry up, a proper one too with decent sausages. Forgot to take a picture so I will sadly have to have another one so you can see.
Despite there being no rugby we braced ourselves and went out anyway. Back to Doogles where I have become something of a regular and we are even getting smiles from the previously unsmiley Susan. Rum and ginger is my new favourite tipple.
Sunday was spent doing mostly nothing. Except maybe preparing for having to work Monday! The founder of the charity and the manager our out here visiting and so I had to show them all my wonderful work and progress on Monday before the board meeting today. They were suitable impressed – Ayethankyou!
It also means that I was in assembly yesterday morning which means I was on a concrete floor. Point of reference – it doesn’t matter which country you are in, iPhones don’t bounce. Boom, cracked screen.
But it does mean that I will be taking Thursday off. Don’t want to over do it you know. So that was us in a nutshell really. I am also learning a lot about civils work. Concrete and blindings and rebar and how it doesn’t really matter if it doesn’t look strong enough. Just add more concrete and cover it up and no-one will know! By the way for anyone reading this who works and lives in the Chilomoni area of Blantyre I am only joking – everything is structurally sound and built correctly. J
Tonight for tea is Chicken and chips. Just in case you wanted to know that. I intend to take photos of my walk to work as well – if I remember I will post it next week. You see the blog is even having trailers now for future postings. That’s how advanced it has become. I’m waffling now. Sorry. Also the trail needs to be in a big X-Factor style voice, but you can’t do that with the written word. How about…

NEXT WEEK ON THE BLOG – PHOTOS OF THE WAY TO WORK, IMAGES OF BREAKFAST AND TALES ABOUT THE RUGBY. TUNE IN TO READ ALL ABOUT IT!


Go one. Admit it in your head you were impersonating that man weren't you…no just me? Okay.

STATMAN
Price of full English – 2000 kwacha (3 quid)
Amount of concrete poured – 12.5 m³ (grrrr)
Price of a rum and ginger – 75p
Number of games of ‘beans’ I won on Sunday – 2
Number of gold coins I had in first game – 30 (that’s a lot!)
Rating of Pam’s butternut squash on Sunday – 8/10

Chances of being able to repair an iphone out here - 0

No comments:

Post a Comment